Saturday 6 February 2010

How Not To Be An Entrepreneur

Morning

Well it's 0820hrs and I am just on my way to my advanced Landmark Education course. For me this is brilliant I loved the first one and it made a big difference in my life. It is both challenging and rewarding but I believe is making me a better person.

Any how I just wanted to share with you about my first experience of trying to be an entrpreneur. I have an information product I know is good and works and will help people. I have read and hopefully understood about marketing strategies and spent time writing my web ad. I have decided to test it locally and contacted my local paper and spoke to a really helpful lady and placed the ad for 4 weeks.

Brilliant, I thought this week I will be up and running ready to get my orders out and start understanding how this all worked. I have my analytics all set up to monitor visitors and purchasers and I think I understand the importance of testing and constant analysing.

So feeling very proud of myself I have been waiting for my local paper to arrive to view my master piece in glorious writing. The paper rang me yesterday; " hi we are just placing your ad onto our website but the link does not appear to work" . Confused I asked to clarify the web address and in a flash there was the problem ".com". Yep my address is ".co".uk. There was a big Homer Simpson DOH on my part and a wasted weeks advertising.

Thankfully they had checked and the web ad is good to go on their web site and will be fine for next week.

Lessons learnt? Oh yes. Check, check and check again.

Have a great Satruday I know I will

Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment