Tuesday 20 October 2009

£5 Closer To Being An Entrepreneur

Hi

Apologies to those who read this and the lack of entries over the last few weeks but I've been soooooo busy. Let me quickly summarise my last few weeks for you. I have turned 41, thanks to all my friends who came to Lanzarote with me and made it a birthday to remember, I think the resort has finally recovered. It was a brilliant week with old friends and making some new ones....BRILLIANT is the only way to describe it.

As you know I sadly lost my aunt and attended her funeral. Very sad but lovely to meet up with all my family and share fond memories, I'm so glad I went and saw her and spent some quality time with her before she died.

I attended my first ever entrepreneurs boot camp, what!! I hear some of you say. I loved it, I won't go into it here but I loved every minute of the 2 days and learnt so much. Don't knock one till you've been!

But more brilliantly than that I have made my first £5 on the Internet. HURRAH. So I am now officially an entrepreneur, OK slightly pushing it I know but lets look at what I've achieved over the last few months apart from making the £5.

I now have 2 websites and a blog up and running. I have 7 people who have left comments at www.new-to-internet-marketing.com. 3 of them have left messages in Russian, how weird and wonderful is that.

I have had over 200 hits on my articles so 200 people have read what I have written and I am learning how to get traffic to my other site, www.healthybodyandmindinfo.com, which is nearly finished, and analyse what works and what doesn't. I have learnt more than I ever thought possible and I wake up wanting to know more. Just an aside but I've just made a fab moussaka. So when I look back, yes it's only a fiver but look at everything else.

So today's quick story to mull over:
I have a colleague who I very much admire and who I believe has a talent. She is dedicated and puts hours into the work she performs. She also has her own business, which I personally think she will be very good at. Today we had a chat and at the moment she cannot follow her dream because she doesn't have the time. So here's the quandary, she works hours and hours for someone else, she doesn't get recognised for all her efforts, I'm talking about her big bosses here, but she is putting her own business on hold to work for someone else. Sound familiar to anyone.

Is this right or is this how we have become programmed. Again I'll refer back to my favourite book of Rich Dad Poor Dad but think about this. How many of us do not reach our potential because we are scared to step out of the routine, because it's safe, because we know it, because we might get a good pension.

The only thing I will say is if you have a dream or a talent please don't waste it, please don't look back when it's over and say I wish I had, always say I'm pleased I did.

Take care

Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment